Tuesday, August 26, 2008


"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY"

OK - So first off...... this is for you Holly ..... Happy Birthday.  The one thing you thought you would never get for your birthday.  I did it, a blog just for you.  My one disclaimer up front is that I don't think I'll be as good at keeping this up as you are.  But I'll try, oh yeah... don't laugh at my meager blog.  

"TO CATCH EVERYONE ELSE UP TO SPEED"

Holly is my best friend and true soul sister.  No, we are not related, and we both have sisters that are truly amazing, wonderful and adorable that we are related to and I certainly don't want to try to take away from that.  We both were born into loving families with amazing parents and we are both very close to our siblings.  But somewhere along the way, we found each other.  People always ask us if we are sisters and we always tell them yeah, but with different mothers and fathers.

We always joke that we are "so alike, but yet so different."  Holly is a scrapbooker, card maker, crafter, blogger, and well, I'm NOT.   But I do bake and Holly pointed out the other day that I do yard work too.  I'm already beginning to feel more well rounded.  Oh yeah, and I sew occasionally.  So together, we keep each other kinda balanced.

Holly and I live right next door to each other.  Yes, we planned it.  Our kids are very close in age (except my youngest, Holly didn't get that memo).  Anyway, I have all girls . . . .  Holly has boys.  Our kids are great buddies and treat each other as brother and sisters.  It has been so fun to watch them grow up together.  People alway joke about our oldest getting married to each other.  HA ! !  They really are the greatest friends, but really, could you see Holly and I as Mother-in-Laws with each others kids.  NO WAY - we would drive our kids out of the State.

For now, they can all just be great buds....





16 comments:

Misty said...

So cute. What a great friend, to finally listen to the "everybody's doin' it" temptations of Holly. Happy Birthday Sis!

Holly H. said...

YAY! You seriously are the best. Thanks for all the kind words about me... and you know I feel the same way about my BFF!!! I really am so glad you did this. You won't regret it! :) Love you!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to blogging, it's so seriously addicting! Now you have something to hold over Holly!

Your girls are precious and it's so nice to be best friends and next door neighbors, I thik I might be a little jealous.

Hope to see you around....

Mindi said...

okay, any friend of holly is a friend of mine--

welcome to our incestious world of blogging!! you'll love it!!

i just read your posts and my man and i are thinking about taking our girls to aruba in 2010 for my oldest's 16th bday. tell me where you stay that you love???

Anonymous said...

Welcome, welcome!! You are too darling and so is Holly! I've only met her thru blogging and hope someday to meet her and you in person! I live in Boise, Idaho but lived in Utah until 6 years ago. This blogging thing is really fun and a soap opera in itself! I love it! Stop by any time, I would love to get to know you!

Amy said...

Welcome! Welcome! Mindi said it best... any friend of HOlly's is a friend of mine! Hope you love the blogging world!

Bren's Life said...

Welcome to Blog land.. You'll love it. It's so fun & I love meeting you people. I saw Holly's blog thru Tanja's blog & so on.
That is so amazing to have a true friendship like that. Doesn't happen very often. Are your husbands good friends too?
Love that you guys have traveled all over. That's what I want to do too...

Bren's Life said...

I meant to say NEW people not You people.. Sorry about that.. Kids at my feet playing doesn't help the thinking!! :)

Shannon said...

Ditto Mindi and Amy!!! I'm not as good at updating my blog either, but all of these girls are fab!

Suzie said...

Way to join the blogging crowd. Your family is beautiful.
Can't wait to see more!

Over The Tipsy Top Design said...

Hi!! First of all I'd like to know who is the photographer for you and Holly. Both of you have the most amazing family pictures. Welcome to blogging, I am probably the least addicted blogger so don't feel bad you hesitated to start one. Blogging is stressful to me, I do not sit, nor does my mind concentrate. I am a bouncer, I bounce from one thing to the next, never really accomplishing anything because my brain bounces on to the next thing too quickly. But i am trying, so keep in touch and maybe we'll get it figured out!!

Love The Tipsy Girl Tonia

margo said...

Yeah -- welcome to the blogging world. I can't believe you gave into the PRESSURE! Anyway, I am jealous already because the most comments I ever get is around 8 or 9 and you are already up to 11 or more!!

Lisa Erskine said...

Welcome aboard! Holly is quite the blogger these days...so if you're feeling a little intimidated...come check out mine. I'm lucky to blog about once every other week! It is really fun, though, and I'm glad you gave in!!

Julie Pia said...

Hey Patrese,
It has been such a long time and I kind of feel like a stocker, but o'well. I am really glad you are doing a blog so I can see your darling family. And, YOU! You are such a hot little mama....WoW! I haven't seen you or Holly in over 5 years and you look just the same, even better. Is there something in the water I'm not aware of? Hope you are doing well. How is Richelle?? I'd love to catch up with you guys someday. Maybe run my fingers through your hair for old times sake. I know, that was creepy! Sorry :) lots of love, Julie Pia

Misty said...

Thanks for the invite to your b-day party - it was awesome. Good Times!

Misty said...

Insert new post here... Okay, maybe not right there, but at least on your blog!!!